Friday, September 4, 2009

Mark Lloyd: "Diversity" Czar

Well here we go again, I bring you now the next minion from Obama's inner circle: Mr. Mark Lloyd. This one is the Associate General Counsel and Chief "Diversity Officer" of the Federal Communications Commission. This is a man who admires people such as Hugo Chavez, and is also a man who would dearly love to get people like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Michael Savage taken off the air in the name of "fairness" and "diversity" and "racial equality."
My question is this, since when is it the job of some government alphabet soup agency such as the FCC to "diversify" any kind of radio programming? Is he going to "balance" Howard Stern's show with a Christian "Moral Majority" program? Is he going to balance a theoretical Black Panthers broadcast with a broadcast from the Ku Klux Klan, or balance a Jewish talk show with a program from the Aryan Brotherhood? I find it amazing that Obama and Company are trying so desperately to silence any and all opposition to their Marxist plan for this country. The left is going bananas trying to keep conservatives and libertarians from speaking their minds and are going mad trying to ban them from offering a different way of doing things and a different point of view.
Mark Lloyd, if he has his way, will impose enormous fines on broadcasters who do not comply with his version of "diversity" and "the public interest." My question is, who defines what diversity is? Who defines what the public interest is? Does he think that because the airways are public that that gives him the right to tell me who I can and cannot listen to? Does he think that because Glenn Beck may not fit his narrow definition of the "public interest" that he has the right to coerce, through financial sodomy, local radio stations into dropping Beck's radio program? Or Limbaugh's? Or Hannity's? It's high time we force our so-called leaders to start reading the Constitution and abide by it. Just because there was no radio broadcasting in 1789 doesn't mean the First Amendment doesn't apply to radio or TV. It also doesn't mean any government alphabet soup agency has the right to to tell me through regulation, who I can or cannot listen to on the radio. If Mark Lloyd doesn't like conservative talk radio, he has one recourse: TURN THE F*@#ING CHANNEL! And that's what I say to anyone who doesn't like anything on radio or TV. I'm not a big fan of Howard Stern or any other liberal talk radio shows or programs, but I also do not have to listen to them if I don't want to. If I hear them on my radio, I do one very simple but vitally important thing, I change the station. As far as I'm concerned, the job of the Federal Communications Commission is to monitor broadcasting frequencies, not the content of said broadcasts. Mark Lloyd would do well to remember that we do have a First Amendment, and yes, it does apply to broadcast media, both radio and television.
The next post will be about Cass Sunstein, the man who wants to ban hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment