Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ted Kennedy's demise

Let me start out by saying that I am an unapologetic Constitutionalist. I do not think that the Constitution is a living document that's open to interpretation and subject to change on the whim of some liberal.(or some Republican i.e. Dubya's Patriot Act) Having said that, at first I was happy that good ole Teddy Kennedy died. I know that sounds sick and sad, but I've thought it over and now believe I was mistaken in being happy at the demise of someone. Even a skunk like Edward Kennedy. Teddy was not a good man in my opinion. He was all for taxing people to pay for the so called "disadvantaged" but I never saw him using his vast family fortune to pay for same disadvantaged people. Plus there was that little Chappaquiddick thing. (R.I.P Mary Jo Kopechne) Kennedy believed what he believed, he was wrong, but he still stuck by his views. I guess he can be admired for that to a certain extent. Maybe some conservatives would do well to take a lesson from Kennedy in the sense of standing by your principles and not giving a damn what the news media, the opposition, or anyone else thinks of you. Edward Kennedy was one man that did not give a damn what anyone thought of him politically. Even though he was wrong on so many counts it wasn't funny. And I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of this post either.

No comments:

Post a Comment